HUAWEI DOWNGRADE FIRMWARE 2010 VIA TFTP
First of all is we have to make it sure that we are able to access or connect the Huawei BM622 4G WiMAX wireless broadband modem CPE by verifying through pinging the IP address 192.168.1.1 via CLI (command line interface) or thru web GUI (graphical user interface) on browser with same IP address at http://192.168.1.1
to make it realistic as show below snap shot.
Whether or not the Huawei BM622 4G WiMAX wireless broadband modem CPE enable/disable its DHCP server we have also to verify our PC if we are using Dynamic or Static IP address to anticipate if the CPE device reboots failed to provide IP address or the PC itself can not acquire its IP address.
Static IP address is more preferable during TFTP firmware uploading operation to make it sure we are in the same IP address subnet and our PC is still connected even if the CPE device fail its DHCP server during power on.
To start with, the PC must be ON with the Static IP address above mention. Power off the CPE device Huawei BM622, unplug the AC/DC adapter then plug it again and remain the power is OFF.
1. Click START and RUN, then type cmd to open windows CLI (command line interface) mode
2. Type cd\ to change directory i.g. C:\
3. Make sure your bm622firmware2010.bin is in local drive C:\
4. Type tftp –i 192.168.1.1 put bm622firmware2010.bin as you can see from the screenshot below, wait DO NOT press enter yet until to do so.
5. Make sure or double check that the LAN cable is physically connected to the PC and to the CPE device Huawei BM622 port.
6. Using a pin or sharp item insert onto the pin hole and press the “Reset” button at the side of the CPE device Huawei BM622 as shown below snapshot.
7. Press the Power ON button of the Huawei BM622 while still pressing the "Reset" button.
8. Release the “Reset” button of the Huawei BM622 and press Enter to begin the TFTP firmware downgrade/upgrade.
9. Please wait for 1 (one) minute and reboot the modem.
10. Press “Reset” while BM622 is ON.
11. Open your browser type http://192.168.1.1
to verify or check if your firmware is already being uploaded, just do same procedure if it is unsuccessful. This tutorial is if you want to downgrade or upgrade your BM622 firmware via TFTP, this can be also applied to 4G WiMAX CPE Huawei model BM621, BM622i, BM625, and BM626.
sir pakitong for the tut
BM622 BLANKWAN SOLVED
These are the things what you need to be able to solved your Huawei BM622 BLANK WAN.
1. 50pesos LPT SPI hardware programmer or USB SPI hardware programmer (DIY)
2. TV/DVD SPI Flash programmer software (Download)
3. ST Micro/SGS M25P32 Serial flash Memory dump binary (ask Google/Forum/Neighbor/Friend)
The procedure to solve the BLANK WAN, first buy or do it yourself LPT SPI hardware programmer. Second is to download TV/DVD SPI flash programmer, third search and download BM622 WAN dump file from Google, forum, or download via TFTP your neighbor/friend BM622 ST Micro/SGS M25P32 Serial flash Memory dump binaries to your local drive.
If you have all these stuff now you can removed your Huawei BM622 WAN chips ST Micro/SGS M25P32 Serial flash Memory IC from its board and start uploading via LPT SPI hardware programmer or USB SPI hardware programmer using the TV/DVD SPI Flash programmer software.
Lastly, of course you have to put back your ST Micro/SGS M25P32 Serial flash Memory IC to its place again. If you are tired of placing it to its original position you can just soldered using 1ft/12 inches tiny wires for simplicity.
sir pakitong for the tut