[TUT] Rooting Alcatel Glory 918D/M/N - PINOYDEN

Go Back   PINOYDEN > Smart Phone & Tablet Zone > Android OS Zone

Welcome to PinoyDen Forums.

You are currently browsing our forum as a guest, please consider registering to get full access to all of our forum features, download free games, get help for your pc and cellphone problems and learn new mobile tricks like how to browse the internet using your cellphone for free. All that and more, so what are you waiting for, JOIN us now!!!! Click here to register...
 Topic: [TUT] Rooting Alcatel Glory 918D/M/N  (Read 12697 times)
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Down
09-28-12 10:13 AM
  • Female Offline

Thank You: 37
smegma has no influence.barely matters.is working their way up.might someday be someone...is on the verge of being accepted.is a rising star!has a powerful will.is a force to reckon with.has great potential!has an aura about them.is leading the good life!is awe-inspiring!
*********PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, AND IM NOT RESPONSIBLE TO WHAT MAY HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE(s), DO AT YOUR OWN RISK. THANK YOU**************

**************PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE INSTRUCTION*********************

First of all, before rooting your Alcatel 918N Glory /Glory X(2.3.5/2.3.6), you must install a custom recovery first. Then after installing the custom recovery, you can now root your phone by following the next tutorial on how to root your phone found at the bottom. Thanks.

*****Installing Custom Recovery for Unrooted / Rooted Phones*****

Requirements:

- Android Usb Driver (Optional) :

here - Windows XP/Vista/7 32-bit
here - Windows Vista/7 64-bit

-Android MT65xx PreLoader driver (xp/vista/7) > Download

-Android MT65xx Vcom driver (xp/vista/7) in case if PreLoader won't work > Download

-Alcatel One Touch Installer v1.8.3 > Download (IN CASE MT65xx PreLoader and Vcom drivers doesn't work)

-winrar or any zip extractor

-SP Flash Tool > Download

-scatter text file for v2.3.5 phones > Download (for v2.3.5 ONLY)

-scatter text file for V2.3.6 phones > Download (for v2.3.6 ONLY)

-Download zip file > Download (system.img for 2.3.5 ONLY)(Optional)

-Usb data cable for your phone

-Recovery image file > Download

-your phone ( unrooted / rooted )

-USB debugging enabled (Settings > Application > Development > USB debugging)

Follow:

1. Install Android USB Driver (PDAnet).

2. Turn off your phone. Then connect your phone via usb data cable.
  [ a ] Then  an unknown device will appear instantly, it will disappear and then it will reappear. Right click on it and choose to update driver manually. Now locate the folder where your Android MT65xx PreLoader is. Then press OK / Next. If prompt, choose “INSTALL DRIVER ANYWAY” OR

[ b ] Find new software mt65xx preloader. Then choose install the software from a list. Now locate the folder where your Android MT65xx PreLoader is.

NOTE: If nothing happens after plugging then boot to recovery by PRESSING  HOLD POWER + VOL UP Button then see your notification area on your desktop then follow either [a] or above.

- Done. Now disconnect your phone from the computer. And make it sure that your phone is turned off before proceeding to step 3..

3. Extract downloaded files to one folder for easy locating of the files. Open SP Flash Tool. Then choose scatter loading. See image below.

4. Look and find the scatter text file and open it. See image below.

5. Ignore and tick OK. See image below.

6. Check the box with the name "Recovery". Then look for the downloaded recovery file. And open it. See image below.

7. Tick Option from the menu and check USB Mode. See image below.

8. Tick the Download button. Note: Look at the image carefully before ticking the download button. Make it sure nothing else is checked. See image below.

9. Plug your cellphone via your usb cable. Then wait for it to be finish. See image below.

***NOTE: If your phone isn’t detected after plugging then boot to recovery by PRESSING + HOLD POWER + VOL UP Button THEN go back to step 2. or try to install Alcatel Android Manager - thanks to macoX  ****

10. A yellow bar will appear. Wait for it to reach 100%. See image below.

11. Done. Congratulations. You successfully installed a "CUSTOM RECOVERY". See image below.

12. Now it's time to root your phone by following the next tutorial below.

Credits to Obcenity for the Tutorial
Credits to Jbazt_katuforzs for the Flash Tutorial

*****Rooting the phone******

Requirements:
-Unrooted Phone
- Accomplished the method above. Or a Custom Recovery is already Installed
- Download SuperUser Zip file > here

Follow:

1. Copy and paste the downloaded zip file to the root of your SD Card.

2. Turn Off your phone and open custom recovery by pressing and holding Power Button + Volume Up.

3. Install zip from sdcard.

4. Choose zip from sdcard.

5. Choose the file downloaded. Then confirm update.

6. Reboot.

7. Look for an icon with an Android Face named "SuperUser".

8. Done. Congratulations. Your phone is now rooted.
Reply #1
09-28-12 01:20 PM

Thank You: 25
nirvana88 has no influence.barely matters.is working their way up.might someday be someone...is on the verge of being accepted.is a rising star!has a powerful will.is a force to reckon with.has great potential!has an aura about them.is leading the good life!is awe-inspiring!
copy paste galing sb wag kalimutan i qoute orig otor nito!
Reply #2
11-08-12 10:05 AM
  • Male Offline

Thank You: 433
yakiniki_tombo5 has no influence.barely matters.is working their way up.might someday be someone...is on the verge of being accepted.is a rising star!has a powerful will.is a force to reckon with.has great potential!has an aura about them.is leading the good life!is awe-inspiring!
bossing ask ko lang paano ma openlind alcatel ot918 mix ko? di pa kase openline to eh galing ibang bansa.
Reply #3
12-08-12 06:38 PM
  • Jr. Member II

Thank You: 15
jeanjean has no influence.barely matters.is working their way up.might someday be someone...is on the verge of being accepted.is a rising star!has a powerful will.is a force to reckon with.has great potential!has an aura about them.is leading the good life!is awe-inspiring!
wala  na po bang ibang gagawin?
Reply #4
12-13-12 08:05 AM
  • Semi-Newbie

Thank You: 2
sniper33 has no influence.barely matters.is working their way up.might someday be someone...is on the verge of being accepted.is a rising star!has a powerful will.is a force to reckon with.has great potential!has an aura about them.is leading the good life!is awe-inspiring!
Sir paano b maglipat ng files sa mem0ry card?
Reply #5
12-13-12 04:02 PM
  • Jr. Member II

jeanjean has no influence.barely matters.is working their way up.might someday be someone...is on the verge of being accepted.is a rising star!has a powerful will.is a force to reckon with.has great potential!has an aura about them.is leading the good life!is awe-inspiring!
kailangan po ang root jan sa phone u
Reply #6
12-15-12 12:27 AM
  • Semi-Newbie

Thank You: 2
sniper33 has no influence.barely matters.is working their way up.might someday be someone...is on the verge of being accepted.is a rising star!has a powerful will.is a force to reckon with.has great potential!has an aura about them.is leading the good life!is awe-inspiring!
Ano po ba ibig sabihin nun?
Reply #7
12-15-12 07:21 AM
  • Jr. Member II

paki basa mo nalang yung topic sa android zone nandun lahat ng sagot sa mga tanong mo.
Reply #8
12-15-12 11:57 PM

Thank You: 1
fevski616 has no influence.barely matters.is working their way up.might someday be someone...is on the verge of being accepted.is a rising star!has a powerful will.is a force to reckon with.has great potential!has an aura about them.is leading the good life!is awe-inspiring!
i got the same phone i tried rooted and i got it right for the 1st time by following bluerains steps but after that i got problems with my phone. i lost my play store and my phone start acting strange. It reboot repeatedly and it stuck in android logo.i think i  wipe all custom recovery. I brought my phone back to sun and they endorse my phone into a service center. The service tried to save and recover my custom recovery but they were not able to recover. The technician whos incharge said that their going to return it in the main office of alcatel in manila. Right now i'm still waiting for the result of my phone coz the main office is going to diagnose it. Hope it wont gonna void my warranty. A piece of advice for those who want to root their phone it is good to root your phone but as what the author said in this blog take it as in your own risk. You may brick your phone just like mine. Make up your mind read the instructions carefully.
Reply #9
12-16-12 05:15 AM
  • Male Offline

Thank You: 8
Ecks41 has no influence.barely matters.is working their way up.might someday be someone...is on the verge of being accepted.is a rising star!has a powerful will.is a force to reckon with.has great potential!has an aura about them.is leading the good life!is awe-inspiring!
Repost to ts. kay sir bluerain tut na to. give due credit to the orig  naman.
Reply #10
12-16-12 11:38 AM
  • Jr. Member II

salamat sa pag share ng naging problem sa pagroroot nito.
Reply #11
01-22-13 07:39 AM
  • Male Offline

Thank You: 546
Scream22 has no influence.barely matters.is working their way up.might someday be someone...is on the verge of being accepted.is a rising star!has a powerful will.is a force to reckon with.has great potential!has an aura about them.is leading the good life!is awe-inspiring!
lagi nalang stuck sa step 7..

eto other option try nyo dito..
http://jcyberinux.com/rjdreyes/how-to-root-alcatel-one-touch-glory-918n.html
Reply #12
01-23-13 10:05 PM
  • Jr. Member II

merong group sa fb yang phone natin.nag eb narin sa sm north edsa lahat ng mga tanong ,kung gusto iparoot pwede dun.pag natuloy itong 2nd eb sa megamall pupunta ako.sabi sa 26 daw eh.try ninyo.
Reply #13
01-24-13 12:56 PM
  • Male Offline

Thank You: 546
Scream22 has no influence.barely matters.is working their way up.might someday be someone...is on the verge of being accepted.is a rising star!has a powerful will.is a force to reckon with.has great potential!has an aura about them.is leading the good life!is awe-inspiring!
Quote:
Originally Posted by : jeanjean on 01-23-13 10:05 PM
merong group sa fb yang phone natin.nag eb narin sa sm north edsa lahat ng mga tanong ,kung gusto iparoot pwede dun.pag natuloy itong 2nd eb sa megamall pupunta ako.sabi sa 26 daw eh.try ninyo.
anong name ng page?
Reply #14
01-24-13 12:59 PM
  • Tech Support
  • Male Offline

Thank You: 6746
steelheart34 hides in shadows.
wala na yung unit kong ganito galing sun binenta ko na
Pages: [1] 2 3 4   Go Up

All dates are GMT+8:00. The date now is 07-22-14 11:40 PM
WWW.PINOYDEN.COM.PH does not store any files on it's server, we are just indexing other sites contents!
WWW.PINOYDEN.COM.PH [Ang Tambayan ng pinoy!] © copyright 2008-2009 All Rights Reserved.
Contents published on www.PinoyDen.com.ph requires permission for reprint.

Page created in 0.358 seconds with 22 queries.