*********PLEASE READ CAREFULLY, AND IM NOT RESPONSIBLE TO WHAT MAY HAPPEN TO YOUR PHONE(s), DO AT YOUR OWN RISK. THANK YOU**************
**************PLEASE READ CAREFULLY THE INSTRUCTION*********************
First of all, before rooting your Alcatel 918N Glory /Glory X(2.3.5/2.3.6), you must install a custom recovery first. Then after installing the custom recovery, you can now root your phone by following the next tutorial on how to root your phone found at the bottom. Thanks.
*****Installing Custom Recovery for Unrooted / Rooted Phones*****
- Android Usb Driver (Optional) :here
- Windows XP/Vista/7 32-bithere
- Windows Vista/7 64-bit
-Android MT65xx PreLoader driver (xp/vista/7) > Download
-Android MT65xx Vcom driver (xp/vista/7) in case if PreLoader won't work > Download
-Alcatel One Touch Installer v1.8.3 > Download
(IN CASE MT65xx PreLoader and Vcom drivers doesn't work)
-winrar or any zip extractor
-SP Flash Tool > Download
-scatter text file for v2.3.5 phones > Download
(for v2.3.5 ONLY)
-scatter text file for V2.3.6 phones > Download
(for v2.3.6 ONLY)
-Download zip file > Download
(system.img for 2.3.5 ONLY)(Optional)
-Usb data cable for your phone
-Recovery image file > Download
-your phone ( unrooted / rooted )
-USB debugging enabled (Settings > Application > Development > USB debugging)
Follow:1. Install Android USB Driver (PDAnet).2. Turn off your phone. Then connect your phone via usb data cable.
[ a ] Then an unknown device will appear instantly, it will disappear and then it will reappear. Right click on it and choose to update driver manually. Now locate the folder where your Android MT65xx PreLoader is. Then press OK / Next. If prompt, choose “INSTALL DRIVER ANYWAY” OR
[ b ] Find new software mt65xx preloader. Then choose install the software from a list. Now locate the folder where your Android MT65xx PreLoader is. NOTE: If nothing happens after plugging then boot to recovery by PRESSING HOLD POWER + VOL UP Button then see your notification area on your desktop then follow either [a] or above.
- Done. Now disconnect your phone from the computer. And make it sure that your phone is turned off before proceeding to step 3..
3. Extract downloaded files to one folder for easy locating of the files. Open SP Flash Tool. Then choose scatter loading. See image below.
4. Look and find the scatter text file and open it. See image below.5. Ignore and tick OK. See image below.
6. Check the box with the name "Recovery". Then look for the downloaded recovery file. And open it. See image below.7. Tick Option from the menu and check USB Mode. See image below.
8. Tick the Download button. Note: Look at the image carefully before ticking the download button. Make it sure nothing else is checked. See image below.
9. Plug your cellphone via your usb cable. Then wait for it to be finish. See image below.***NOTE: If your phone isn’t detected after plugging then boot to recovery by PRESSING + HOLD POWER + VOL UP Button THEN go back to step 2. or try to install Alcatel Android Manager - thanks to macoX ****10. A yellow bar will appear. Wait for it to reach 100%. See image below.
11. Done. Congratulations. You successfully installed a "CUSTOM RECOVERY". See image below.
12. Now it's time to root your phone by following the next tutorial below.
Credits to Obcenity for the Tutorial
Credits to Jbazt_katuforzs for the Flash Tutorial*****Rooting the phone******
- Accomplished the method above. Or a Custom Recovery is already Installed
- Download SuperUser Zip file > here
1. Copy and paste the downloaded zip file to the root of your SD Card.
2. Turn Off your phone and open custom recovery by pressing and holding Power Button + Volume Up.
3. Install zip from sdcard.
4. Choose zip from sdcard.
5. Choose the file downloaded. Then confirm update.
7. Look for an icon with an Android Face named "SuperUser".
8. Done. Congratulations. Your phone is now rooted.