sir viardomi pero ok lang ba na kahit jailbreak na pwede parin update sa ios6?totoo ba pag na update mo mawawala lang si cydia? di ko kasi ma gets im still high school ehehehehe
Sir, if you update to iOS 6 you will lose your jailbreak and "yes" mawawala ang cydia. Things to consider before updating to iOS 6, which is already a known fact whenever a new firmware update is available.
- Jailbreak for new firmwares is always tethered, meaning if you need to reboot your device or if the battery drains, you'll need a PC and redsn0w to boot tethered your iPhone, iPod Touch, and iPad. Not ideal if you frequently travel, unless a semi-tethered is already available which makes the device boot and retain some important functionality.
- iPhone 3GS running baseband 6.15 will always require a custom firmware or else your device will end up stuck in DFU mode or restore mode.
- iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 running unlockable basebands and relies on ultrasn0w or gevey sim for the unlock will also require a custom firmware to preserve the unlockable baseband or else your baseband will be upgraded to the latest version and you will loose the ability to unlock your device via ultrasn0w and gevey.
- Only A4 devices (iPhone 3GS/4 and iPod Touch 4) can be jailbroken via tethered jailbreak on iOS 6. A5 devices namely iPhone 4S, iPad 2/3, iPod Touch 5 and A6 which is the iPhone 5 cannot be jailbroken as of the moment. Because they are not vulnerable by the boot exploit used on A4 devices.
- if you are using an A5 device and you chose to update to iOS 6, applications downloaded from installous or any other source other than the Apple app store will not work and sync to your device eventhough you have a copy of them in iTunes, simply because it requires appsync and it can only be installed via cydia on a jailbroken device. If you don't own the app you will lose them.
- Downgrade is only possible if you have an SHSH blobs and APTicket. Without them, no downgrade.
- Factory unlocked iPhone 3GS and iPhone 4 do not require a custom firmware to update to iOS 6.
- Only iPhone 3GS/4/4S, iPod Touch 4, iPad 2/3 can be updated to iOS 6. iPhone 3, iPod Touch 2/3 and iPad 1 is no longer supported.
- Lastly, do not ignore the warning.
I hope that helps...