Absinthe A5 Untethered JailbreakChange Log
- Mac: added support for OSX 10.5, PPC and Intel CPU
- added consistency check on startup to make sure required files are in place
- Windows: fixed bug in payload generator that might cause a crash
- first public Linux x86/x86_64 release
- Windows: fixed possible bug in payload generation
- small additions and changes to the text instructions (e.g. 'Absinthe' icon instead of 'Jailbreak' icon)
- first public Windows release
- improved webclip VPN triggering
- ensure crashreport data is sane so payload generation does not fail
- use temporary files and folders to solve permission issues
- Mac: fixed getting executable path so the payload data is actually found
- small fixes
- first public Mac release (OSX >= 10.6)NOTE: Because Absinthe creates a backup and restores it onto your device as part of the way it gets files on the device, we recommend the device is mostly empty when you start the process. To do this, CREATE A BACKUP IN ITUNES FIRST (connect to iTunes and sync). If you're using iCloud to backup, go to Settings > iCloud > Storage and Backup > Backup Now.
ONLY ONCE YOU'VE BACKED UP, on your device go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings. MAKE SURE YOU'VE BACKED UP YOUR CONTENT. You do not have to Erase All Content and Settings if you don't want to, but the jailbreak could take up to 20-30 minutes to complete if you don't, depending on what's on your device.
How to Jailbreak iPhone 4S and iPad 2 Using Absinthe
There are actually two methods for Windows users. Absinthe with GUI and for more advance users, Absinthe CLI (Command Line Interface) method.Using Absinthe GUI for Windows
1. Download the latest version of Absinthe for Windows from the link below.
2. Extract the contents of absinthe-win-0.4.zip and run Absinthe as an administrator.
3. Connect your iPhone 4S or iPad 2 to your computer and make sure to disable any passcode or remove any existing VPN settings.
4. Once your device is detected, click on the Jailbreak button.
5. Wait for the process to finish. Refer to the screenies below.
6. You will be prompted that the process is almost done.
7. On your device look for the "Absinthe" icon and tap on it to finish the jailbreak. If you get an "Error establishing a database connection" it means the server is down.
8. Go to Settings >>> VPN and toggle it to "ON". You will get an error message, just ignore it and do nothing and wait for your device to reboot.
9. After reboot you will already cydia on your springboard.
10. Congratulations! Your A5 device is already jailbroken! Jailbreak Using Absinthe CLI for more advanced usersI've tried and tested it, it's working!How to use CLI? (backup and sync your 4S/iPad2 first)
Windows CLI Download below
A. Extract Contents of the downloaded file cinject_0.4.3.zip and save in on your local disk drive C:
1. Right click on Command Prompt and run as Administrator.
2. CD to the cinject.exe or navigate your way to cinject_0.4.3 directory refer to screeshot below.
3. Execute the command: cinject.exe -i payloads/jailbreak.mobileconfig note: you will receive a Jailbreak Profile config, just install it and tap next without password.
4. Execute the command: cinject.exe -j payloads
5. Execute the command: cinject.exe -w
6. Toggle the VPN switch in settings.
7. Ignore the VPN error and wait for your device to reboot.
8. Done, find Cydia.B. Errors
1. If you get an error in finding slide, REBOOT your device.
2. If you get an error 1266, better do a manual restore to 5.0.1 using a stock firmware and create a new device before jailbreaking.
3. After jailbreaking, open cydia if you have a wifi connection to verify that it is working.
4. Restore via iTunes using your backup.
Updated: Added link for Absinthe windows CLI and GUI
Updated TUT and provided screenies.
Edited link to point to new absinthe version
source: http://blog.iphone-dev.org/ http://greenpois0n.com/
I hope that helps... Don't forget to hit the "Thank You" Button kung nakatulong.