This TUT is for users of iphone 3GS with baseband 6.15 jailbroken with firmwares 4.1, 4.2.1 and 4.3.3 who wish to upgrade or restore their iphone. It is very important to have the 4.3.3 hash (SHSH) saved and use a custom firmware or else you'll end up in a DFU loop.Disclaimer: I am not in any way responsible if you brick or damage your device. Jailbreaking voids your warranty, and by doing so, you already understand the risk that comes with it.Requirements for iPhone 3GS with BB 6.15
1. iTunes 10.4 or Higher
2. TinyUmbrella Latest Version
3. 4.3.3 3GS Custom Firmware
4. 4.3.3 SHSH Blobs
5. Fix recovery (Optional)
6. Internet Connection with wifi
7. Windows XP/Vista/7 32-bit
8. Jailbroken iPhone 3GS running 4.1 or higher
9. iREB 4Note: Regarding iTunes, if you are using 10.4 or lower, do not upgrade to 10.5 to avoid unecessary errors.Possible Errors: 10XX,16XX, 3194Download all your tools from the link below.SHSH Verification for Jailbroken 3GS 4.1 and 4.2.1(Remove SIM Card from your iPhone and backup or sync all your music, photos, contacts and apps)
1. Open Cydia and verify if you have the 4.3.3 SHSH Blob indicated like the screenshot below.
2. Download TinyUmbrella.
3. Run TinyUmbrella as an administrator and make sure you have java installed and click ok on all the warnings.
4. Connect your iPhone to your computer.
5. Select your device.
6. Verify your saved SHSH Directory, you also have the option to change it.
7. On "number 4" on the screen shot indicated below check all the boxes except "Update iphone 4 baseband".
8. Click saved SHSH.
9. Verify if hashes had been saved especially 4.3.3 indicated on the screenshot below.Updating to 4.3.3 Custom FirmwareWARNING: DO NOT PROCEED IF SHSH BLOBS ARE NOT SAVED
1. Download iPhone 3GS 4.3.3 Custom Firmware from the link below. If you want to create your own custom firmware just head down at the bottom for the instructions.
2. Download and run iREB 4 as administrator.
3. Connect your iphone and choose iPhone 3GS.
4. Follow the DFU instructions.
5. Wait for the limera1n exploit to finish
6. Run TinyUmbrella
7. Go to Advanced and uncheck Request SHSH from Cydia and click start TSS Server.
8. Open iTunes and it will detect your iphone in restore mode.
9. Choose your device and click the summary tab.
10. Press and HOLD
key on your keyboard and click RESTORE
11. Choose the custom 4.3.3 IPSW file and open it.
12. Wait for iTunes to finish the restore process.
13. If you receive an error 10XX and your iphone is stuck on recovery do the steps below.Fix Error 10XX (Recovery Loop)Option A
1. Run TinyUmbrella as Administrator
2. Connect your iPhone and choose it from the list.
3. Click Fix Recovery
4. your iPhone should be able to boot normally by now.
5. Congratulations, your iPhone 3GS is already upgraded to 4.3.3, hacktivated and jailbroken.Unlocking your iPhone 3GS
1. Connect your iphone to a reliable WiFi connection.
2. Open cydia and upgrade essentials.
3. Reboot if prompted
4. Open cydia and go to Manage
5. Open repo666.ultrasn0w.com
6. Choose ultrasn0w
and install it
7. Reboot if prompted otherwise power off your iphone.
8. Insert your SIM and power on your iphone.
9. Congratulations, your iphone is already unlocked.
Creating Your Own Custom Firmware
Before creating your own firmware, download sn0wbreeze 2.7.3 and 3GS 4.3.3 Stock IPSW from the links below.
1. Open and run sn0wbreeze 2.7.3 as administrator
2. click OK
and Close Credits
3. Click the ARROW
on the lower right corner of the window.
4. Browse and look for the 3GS Stock IPSW and wait for the IPSW verification.
5. Click "New Bootrom/I don't know"
6. After verification click the next arrow.
7. Choose Expert Mode
and click the blue arrow to continue.
8. Choose General
and click the arrow.
9. Check the boxes as seen on the screenshot below
and click the blue arrow.
10. Do not install 06.15.00 iPad Baseband if you are already using BB 6.15, or otherwise check if not yet using
. Click the blue arrow.
11. Just click the blue arrow and do not change anything under Custom Apps
12. Choose Build IPSW
and click the blue arrow.
13. Click "No thanks, I'll stick to the spinner".
14. Wait for sn0wbreeze to finish building the custom firmware.
15. Click OK
then exit sn0wbreeze.
Your custom firmware is saved on the desktop of your computer, you can use this to restore or downgrade your iPhone 3GS with BB 6.15 to 4.3.3 which is already hacktivated, jailbroken and untethered, provided that you have your SHSH (hashes) saved.
I hope that helps and don't forget to hit thanks....