How to share your internet connection to your iOS device wirelessly and turn your computer into a HOTSPOT!
Thanks to gerald1019
for pointing out Windows 7 Starter Infrastructure Mode compatibility.
Updates are posted at the end of this post! Screenshot may vary due to version updates!
And also to aisan
for sharing this tutorial on your thread
as well us giving us 3.5 workaround.
Hi, some of you are already familiar with this, pero sa mga hindi share ko lang. I've been using this software Connectify simula pa nung beta pa ito ang it works well, although may pro version na sila ngayon, you can still use the free version and still share your internet connection. The best thing about this software is that di lang iOS devices ang pwede, pati android, laptop, Xbox, basta any device with WiFi capability and WPA2 encryption capability ang pwede mag-connect sa hotspot mo.How it works?
Connectify takes advantage of Windows 7's virtual WiFi adapter and turns your computer into a router or AP as well as a repeater if you have the pro version.Requirements
1. Laptop with WiFi Card
, or Desktop with USB WiFi dongle
2. Internet connection >>> DSL, Cable, 3G plugin modem
3. All versions of Windows 7 and Windows 8 Developer & Consumer Preview (Windows XP and Vista Ad-Hoc mode only)
4. Latest version of ConnectifyNOTE: Connectify relies on the compatibility of your wifi adapter to Microsoft's Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter. If connectify prompts you that it cannot support AP eventhough you are running Windows 7, it means your wifi adapter does not support infrastructure mode.Faqs and Common Questions1. Bakit di maka-connect PSP ko?
PSP only supports WPA encryption and not WPA2. Microsoft's Virtual WiFi Miniport Adapter only supports WPA2 for encryption and doesn't have the option for an open network without any encryption in infrastructure mode, it is not Connectify's fault. Therefore, PSP is not supported and compatible with any version of Connectify.2. Bakit di maka-connect CP ko?
Please check your cellphone if it supports WPA2 encryption, older Nokia phones with Symbian OS do not support WPA2 might as well use ad-hoc. Android and iOS smartphones supports WPA2 kaya there is no problem with it.3. Connected pero "No gateway Reply"
It means the wifi connection doesn't have an internet connection or it is being blocked by an Anti-Virus or Windows Firewall. Pede rin na mahina ang internet connection mo or wala kang internet na naka share. Always set to "Automatic" if you are using Connectify PRO.4. Bakit BSOD pag start ng hotspot?
Your wifi adapter is conflicting with Microsoft's Virtual WiFi adapter drivers, try to upgrade your wifi adapter's driver to the latest driver for Windows 7. Kung ganun pa rin, ibig sabihin unstable at di supported ng Virtual Wifi ang wifi card mo.5. Bakit di maka-connect sa internet yung netbook, laptop...etc
Try to isolate the problem. Yung netbook or laptop lang ba ang di maka-connect, what about other devices? kuminsan na sa device na problema at hindi yung connectify. Check your internet options, your DNS and always check your Anti-Virus and Firewall settings.6. Bakit yung ibang device connected pero yung netbook or laptop lang ang di mka connect sa connectify?
Check for the error message, baka naman WPA2-TKIP ang encryption na gamit ng device at hindi WPA2-PSK. Kuminsan akala natin automatic na yung encryption pero sometimes Windows has its own way of dealing with connectivity. Set the encryption manually, use WPA2 TKIP-PSK. Try ad-hoc connection and verify connectivity.7. Always check if your wifi card is compatible with Microsoft's Virtual Wifi Miniport Adapter, if not, you can still use ad-hoc connection instead of infrastructure.
8. Windows XP and Vista only supports Ad-Hoc Mode and not Infrastructure Mode9. Windows 7 and Windows 8 Dev/Consumer/Release Preview supports virtual Wifi.
Note: Screenshots may be different due to recent update on the software
1. Download connectify and install it
Reboot your PC
After Reboot you will see this pop-up, just click free version
Fill-out the necessary fields (For free version, you can't remove "Connectify" name on your SSID) it's better than nothing..
Choose your Internet Source (WiFi, LAN, 3G what ever internet connection you are using)
For Security choose "Access Point, WPA2 PSK"
You should see this if hotspot is already started
Connect using your device
You should be able to see a pop-up from the system tray if a device is connected.
2. Follow the instructions on the connectify website on how to setup your AP or refer to the screenies above, ganun lang ka simple.
3. Connect to your AP using your WiFi capable device. How to? para ka lang nag connect sa kahit anong WiFi hotspot or router.
4. Surf using your device!
-Kung wala kang pambili ng router pero meron ka naman laptop with WiFi capability, pwde mong gawin hotspot yung laptop mo.
-Kung 3G dongle lang meron ka for internet connection sa laptop mo, pwde mo na i-share ang internet mo.
-Kung di mo afford ang router at DSL ang connection mo at desktop ang gamit mo, bili ka lang ng WiFi dongle sa CDR-King mas tipid at instant router na PC mo.
-Best way to share your internet connection kahit saan ka man.
-Perosonalized SSID for PRO version
-supports VPN, openVPN, HSS, and etc
-Needs compatible WiFi cards, meaning yung mga luma di pwde... see list of compatibility sa website nila.
-Needs Windows 7 or 8 >>> Windows XP and Vista ay Ad-Hoc mode only!
-Only supports WPA2 encryption so di pwde PSP
Note: please use product's support site for additional information.
3.2UPDATE: Connectify PRO 3.1 now available for download. OpenVPN, HSS, etc via 3G modem can now be used with the PRO versionHow to patch
1. Follow the instructions above to install Connectify.
2. Download the patch file for the latest version of connectify PRO
3. Look for the Connectify icon on the system tray, right click on it and choose exit.
4. unrar the patch, copy and paste it on C:/Program Files/Connectify
5. Run the patch as administrator
6. Open Connectify and it should be PRO by now.
7. For VPN, HSS, etc users. Open connectify
8. Choose "Automatic" under the "Internet" dropdown.
9. start hotspot, and connectify will automatically share your VPN connection.
Refer to screenshots belowUPDATE: Connectify 3.2 has been released but you need to like their FB page to download the installer or you can check their websiteConnectify 18.104.22.16874 Release Notes
New Pro Features:
- Share over Ethernet: Connectify can now act as a wired Ethernet router. In the ‘Advanced Settings’, select ‘Share Over’, and then select your Ethernet card. In this mode, you can use your Connectify-enabled PC to get Ethernet-based devices onto Wi-Fi or 3G/4G networks.
- Services under Clients: In the ‘Clients’ tab, you can click to expand Clients, showing the services (web servers, shared drives, etc.) right in the ‘Clients’ tab. This makes sharing and working together much easier.
- Apple Bonjour Support: Pro versions of Connectify will now detect many Bonjour / Rendezvous / mDNS services running on connected clients. Automatically detect iTunes and other compatible application shares on connected computers, and click to launch.
New Connectify Support Center:
The many utilities in the ‘Help’ menu have been merged into the Connectify Support Center. This powerful tool helps you troubleshoot any issues, and searches the updated Knowledge Base for related articles (also available online at http://support.connectify.me/forums). If you still can’t find your answer after that, Connectify Pro users can open a support ticket for a quick response, and free users can submit their logs, and while response times are not guaranteed, we appreciate you taking the time to suggest improvements and telling us about issues so we make improvements in future releases.
User Interface Improvements:
- ‘Getting Started’ screen, shows users what to enter to get up-and-running quickly.[/li][/list]
- Some of the labels have been changed for clarification. For example “Wi-Fi” is now “Share Over” [/li][/list]
- The ‘History’ tab has been merged with the ‘Clients’ tab
- Names of ‘Internet’ and ‘Share Over’ network adapters has been expanded. We now use the full name for network adapters in the user interface. This should be more informative than the abbreviated “Local Area Network 2” type names that we used in previous releases.[/li][/list]
Bug Fixes: We’ve continued to work with Microsoft to work around various problems with Windows coming out of hibernation / sleep. We’ve tested hundreds of combinations of phones, tablets, laptops and applications for compatibility with Connectify.
Updated post and added patch for version 3.2 How to Patch
Note: disable any anti-virus software that you may have before patching and exit connectify.
1. Download and extract the attached 3.2 patcher.
2. Copy the patcher to C:\Program Files\Connectify
3. Run the program as an administrator and hit patch!
4. Open connectify and it should be pro by now!
Connectify 3.4 Plus KeygenInstructions:
1. Download Connectify 3.4 Installer plus Keygen from the link below.
2. Extract the contents of the 3.4.zip file to a location of your choice.Password: pinoyden
3. Run the Connectify installer and reboot your computer if prompted.
4. After reboot you will be prompted by Connectify's welcome screen as well as a prompt from windows firewall if to allow connectify.
Note: If you are using an AV Suite with a built-in Firewall, please add "connectify.exe" to your firewall's exception list or allowed list.
5. Click through the welcome screen until you see the Enter License Key button and click it.
6. Run keygen and provide your own email address and a license key will be generated for you.
7. Use the email and license key to activate your Connectify.
8. Congratulations, your Connectify is already a PRO version.
Connectify 3.5 PRO has been Released!
For an a serial key and steps on how to convert your connectify lite to "evaluation/pro" version, head to the link below.
Credits to aisan
for giving us the workaround. Serial on the link above is already blocked. I have already tested a working keygen and update blocker for Connectify Pro 3.5.1 just head to the download link below. Please the read me file for the instructions. Password
: pinoydenDownload Connectify PRO 3.5.1 with Keygen
edited: added faqs and common questions
attached 3.2 patcher
added compatibility info with Windows 7 starter to infrastructure mode.
added MF link for version 3.2
added MF link to version 3.4 with keygen
made some minor changes on the start of the post
added MF link to version 3.5.1 with keygen
I hope that helps, don't forget to hit Thank You if you find this helpful....